This training runs over a full weekend (Saturday & Sunday, 10:30 – 16:30 on each day). Specially designed for qualified Counsellors who are interested in leaving the armchair behind and moving towards a Walking Therapy practice.
We will explore the psychological and therapeutic benefits of working outdoors, as well as focusing on the practical, ethical, and business implications.
As part of the work will venture out for walks, either along the canal in Hythe, or up towards the seafront, so you will need to bring your walking shoes and depending on the time of year, warm/waterproof clothes!
– Business considerations
– Therapeutic boundaries in outdoor work
– An introduction to ecotherapy theory
– A reflective comparison to existing theory
– Signposting to further training, reading, and workshops
* It is advised that you discuss any new way of working with your supervisor.