An updated version of the popular workshop ‘therapy whilst walking’, this experiential training runs over a full weekend (Saturday & Sunday, 10:30 – 16:30 on each day). Specially designed for qualified Counsellors who are interested in leaving the armchair behind and moving towards a Walking Therapy practice.
I have expanded the experiential element of the learning and we will spend a good chunk of the time outdoors. We will look at the psychological and therapeutic benefits of working outdoors, as well as focusing on the practical, ethical, and business implications.
As part of the work will venture out for walks, either along the canal in Hythe, or up towards the seafront, so you will need to bring your walking shoes and depending on the time of year, warm/waterproof clothes!
- Business considerations
- Therapeutic boundaries in outdoor work
- An introduction to ecotherapy theory
- A reflective comparison to existing theory
- Signposting to further training, reading and workshops
If you need accommodation, we can provide you with a list of local b&bs.
* Please note that this is an introduction and does not constitute full, comprehensive training. It is advised that you discuss any new way of working with your supervisor.